Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fascination with the Drain

Ryker has put many things down the bathroom drain; rocks, toothbrushes, seashells, coins, screwdriver, ... Today we ran into a problem with this fascination though.

I was changing Tracen's diaper and Ryker was in the bathroom. Now, I should have learned my lesson to check on him regularly after the one time he wrote all over the wall with permanent marker, but I was busy with Tracen and trusted Ryker to just go potty. Wrong!

Ryker came out a little while later and said, "Daddy's lid's stuck in the sink."

I wasn't fully aware of the problem I had on my hands until I went in the bathroom and looked into the sink. This picture is what I saw.




This cologne lid fits perfectly into our sink drain. Try as I might (with a flat-head screwdriver and a knife), I could not move the lid in the slightest.

Luckily, we have a super nice manager for our apartments. I mean, this guy is so nice, he didn't even make fun of me when I managed to lock myself out of the apartment TWICE in one day. Maybe he was just happy that I wasn't calling for him to unlock the door, but he came over to save the day.

Unlucky for him, the job was a little harder than usual. In the process of removing the pipes, he broke one. Here's the picture.


So, he ran to the store and got a new pipe. He was able to remove the lid...here's a picture of the stupid lid!


And the new pipe.


And the little turd who gave me a reason to update this blog :-) Surprisingly, I still love him and he will always brighten up my days.


(He has a huge bruise on his head from falling down in Old Navy and Mac and Cheese all over his mouth from lunch but I thought it was a cute pic.) :-)

1 comment:

  1. You are right...that is one cute kid!! Sorry about your drain but I'm glad you were able to have someone fix it.

    ReplyDelete