Now this is going to blow your mind; I cooked chicken, poured salsa on it, made rice, cut up lettuce and cheese; then put it all in a burrito....ta da :-)
The problem came when I was doing the rice. I wish I could say my rice turns out perfect everytime but it really doesn't. This time though, I ran into a problem that has never happened to me before.
I put the rice on, ran to the bathroom to wipe my son's poopy bum (sorry, TMI?), washed my hands, went back into the kitchen where the rice was overflowing and the whole pot was surrounded by FIRE!!!

Okay, actually it was only on one side of the pot but it was about three inches taller than the pot and flaming hot (of course Rachelle, it's fire! Duh!)

I froze for about two seconds, then I ran over, grabbed the pot, and placed it away from the flaming burner of death! To my surprise, the fire kept on going! I was sure by removing the source of the fire (my stupid overflowing rice), the fire would just stop.

So, I again froze for two seconds, grabbed a measuring cup from the counter, put water in it, and dumped it on the fire...finally, the flames were gone. I had to open the back door to let the smoke out and pray that Ryan would not know what happened when he got home in ten minutes. (I ended up telling him anyway because for some reason I feel the need to tell people about my stupid moments. Also, I figured even if he didn't smell the smoke, he would eventually notice the blackened pot.)
All this time, my baby, Tracen, was sitting in his high chair just watching. I think he liked the excitement.
No comments:
Post a Comment