Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Changes!

Okay, well I am overweight! This is not going to be a "feel sorry for me" post. I just feel like if I write it down then maybe I can get some helpful tips on how to make changes and stick with them.

First off, I have a petite frame which is aching with all my extra weight. I'm not nursing anymore so I don't have the excuse of needing 500 more calories a day. Also, I know weight is not the main thing that needs to change because different people are healthy at different weights and it can differ at different times in your life. There is a lady in my ward who weighs a little more than me and she just finished running half a marathon and is planning to run two more in the summer.

I have a number in my head of where I want my weight to be and the reason I think of this number is because it is how much I weighed when I felt good. I could run two miles and then do eight stadium stairs without stopping and almost without thinking about it. It felt so good! Well, I haven't weighed that much since high school and here's how much I have on top of that number...

Take my starting number "0"
Add 20 pounds gained in college
Add 10 pounds before I got married
Add 10 pounds before I got pregnant
Add 50 pounds during pregnancy
Minus 40 after pregnancy
Add 15 before next pregnancy
Add 30 during pregnancy
Minus 20 after pregnancy...
And there you have my weight :-)

So, if you've figured it out, I need to lose 75 pounds. I'm honestly not going to focus on the numbers, I just need help in changing my life style. I eat crap, I never exercise (more than the normal mommy run around), and I LOVE chocolate.

We don't have money for a gym membership but I am checking into the YMCA. They are suppose to have a cheap rate for the poor and they watch your kids for 1 1/2 hours for free while you work out!

My husband hates almost all healthy food so we buy a lot of junk food. Being home all day and looking at it...well, it doesn't last long.

I'm just overwhelmed and don't know where to begin! Any advice?!?

3 comments:

  1. http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
    This is what helped me. Make sure you open up the zig-zag link at the bottom and it tells you the calories for each day of the week. It really helps to write everything (calories) down, which can be time consuming, but helps with planning out meals and snacks and stuff.
    I also like this site
    http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/account/login.php
    because it has a unit converter and a recipe calorie calculator. You can put in any recipe and figure out the portions and calories. I don't actually use the site for putting in my calories, I just did that in a notebook, but I liked it just for the recipe thing.
    I know this doesn't work for everyone, but it's helped me, so I thought I would share.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kaelynn. I'm definitely going to check those websites out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny I just read this and just yesterday I read my other friends post where she is saying almost the exact same thing as you! She's probably going to share tips and what not along the way so I'll give you her blog address since she loves people to follow her anyways :) http://karpluswade.blogspot.com/2011/02/much-needed-post.html

    ReplyDelete