Okay, so my little Ryker is now three years old and this morning he told me that hates me! I was prepared to hear that when my kids are teenagers but a three year old!?! You might be wondering why he said it...here's the story.
Ryker: I'm tired Mommy. (it was 5:00 in the morning)
Me: Do you want to go lay down in your bed?
Ryker: Yes.
-So he goes a lays down. I come in to make sure he has everything and I let him know that I'm going to turn his light off and the hall light on, so it won't be too dark. 5 minutes later he comes out of his room and says...
Ryker: I hate you Mommy!
Me: Why?
Ryker: You turned off my light.
I don't even know how he knows to say that! Where did he learn it from? I told him I was sorry that he hates me but we sleep with the light off. He stayed up after that and started to play. He has said it a few more times this afternoon just out of the blue! What am I suppose to do? How should I react?
He may not even know what it means exactly. My advice would be to not give him much of a reaction. If he says it again just tell him that we don't say that because it's not a nice thing to say. Tell him it makes you feel sad when he says that to you. Then maybe tell him some things he can say to you that make you happy. Good luck Rachelle!! You are a great mom!!!
ReplyDelete