Well, May 11, 2007 things were going great but I realized I was a day late getting my period. Since I was on the pill, this was very weird since I had always started on the exact day I was suppose to. I decided on my lunch break to go get a pregnancy test, just to make myself feel better. I bought a two pack and headed to my parent's house since it was closest. I took one test and waited. When I saw those two lines I thought it must be faulty, there was no way I could be pregnant. I decide to take the second test back and work. When it also showed two lines I went to a close friend I worked with named Stephanie and asked her if I was seeing things. She has two adorable boys of her own so she wasn't new at reading the tests. She looked at it and then said, "Congratulations. You're pregnant." I was shocked!
I asked to leave work early and went to the store to buy the expensive pregnancy tests that actually say "pregnant" or "not pregnant". I figured we had just read the test wrong. So, I went home and took my third pregnancy test. Well, you guessed it; it clearly said, "PREGNANT". I started thinking about how to tell Ryan and then I remembered he was going over to his parent's house to play with his sister Micaila after school. I couldn't wait. So, I called him.
Me: Hey honey, do you think you could come home?
Ryan: We're in the middle of playing pool. What do you need?
Me: I have a dilemma and I'm not sure what to do or how you'll react.
Ryan: Did you get a speeding ticket?
Me: NO! Just come home, I don't want to talk about it over the phone.
Ryan: You're freaking me out, just tell me! I'm not coming until you tell me.
Me: I took three pregnancy tests and I think I'm pregnant.
Ryan: You're pregnant!
Me: Yes. Will you come home now?
Ryan: I'll be right there!
I started crying and pacing the floor. Ryan came home and asked why I was standing up. He said I should be sitting down and taking it easy, which was really sweet. Ryan told me he was so happy and excited, so I finally relaxed and began to enjoy the moment. We were going to have a baby!! (Two days later we celebrated Mother's Day)
No comments:
Post a Comment