Friday, January 28, 2011

Pregnancy - Wonderful

It was so exciting being pregnant! I enjoyed feeling the baby kick and dreaming of what it would be like to actually hold him.
At 8 weeks along we heard and saw the heartbeat for the first time. The emotions
that came were unexpected and overwhelming. I could see and hear my child. I was
growing a little person inside of me and he was thriving. I felt so much
responsibility and love at the same time. I cried.
The first time I felt my baby move I was only 16 weeks along and it felt like a butterfly fluttered it's wings under my skin for about two inches across my belly. If you have never felt it, that might sound crazy but it feels kind of crazy too. It is like nothing else as you feel the kicks getting stronger and can feel the baby move. I was lucky to never be kicked in the ribs but I remember my sister saying her ribs were bruised because her baby kept kicking the same spot over and over. Sounds terrible, but you just remember what's kicking you and you can't be mad.
Also, when we found out we were having a boy, it was amazing. I knew Ryan really wanted a boy and I just wanted a healthy baby so when I found out that both of our wishes were coming true, I was doubly happy. I loved being able to see that he was growing and everything looked okay. It gives you such a sense of relief!
So much joy can come from being pregnant but I think the greatest joys come once the baby is here. This picture was taken a week before I gave birth. My family said I made a great snowman.

No comments:

Post a Comment