Friday, January 28, 2011

He's here!!! Oh no!

My due date was January 10th but Ryan and I decided to have me induced January 3rd. This was a bitter sweet event.
SWEET: Our beautiful baby boy was almost here. As my contractions started, we realized the cord was around his neck because his vitals would drop very low. After he was born they told us his cord was around his neck and under his arm, so there is a good chance if I had gone into natural labor he wouldn't have survived. (Thank goodness we went early) Being induced and then having the epidural right after was nice since it made it so I never really felt a contraction. We named our son Ryker Lavell-Edward Minnix. He weighed 8 pounds 4 ounces and was 21 inches long. He was perfect! Also, my mom was in the room during delivery. (You can see in the picture; Ryker loved her from the very beginning.)
BITTER: Now for the bad parts; I was in pain! The doctor ended up using forceps to get Ryker out because his vitals were so low it was now or emergency c-section. We probably should have gone with the c-section but the doctor was able to pull him out. He had bruises on his head for a week or two after. Well, when the doctor pulled him out, it broke my tail bone and I had a third-degree tear. The doctor spent maybe 15 minutes stitching me which would become a problem. I had very low iron, so I was scared to hold Ryker because I felt like passing out. Three days later while I was trying to have my first "b.m." all my stitches ripped out. I thought I was just being weak but after 5 days when I could hardly walk due to pain, Ryan took me to the doctor. The doctor told me I had no stitches left, I was getting infected, I had definitely broken my tail bone, and I needed surgery. So when Ryker was 6 days old I had surgery to repair my tear. I was on pain medication for two months and antibiotics for a few weeks. At six months I was told I was still healing. Three years later, I still have problems sitting sometimes cause of my tail bone.
Although things could have gone better, I love my son. He is so amazing and he keeps me going when things seem too hard to continue. I would do it all over again because he is my blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment