Friday, January 28, 2011

Pregnancy - what did I get into?

Yes, pregnancy is wonderful but there are some unpleasant aspects to it as well. Here is my story.
I was sick! I felt like I was throwing up after every meal. I threw up at the river, at work a lot, all over the kitchen floor...I was miserable! I only ate food that I know would be easy coming up and didn't have a very strong flavor. I tried taking my prenatals but those really made me throw up. You would think they would make them smaller but no, they were like horse pills! I told my doctor that I couldn't take them anymore and I was prescribed a special pill to help. I took those for one month and all the morning sickness was gone! I went back to taking the horse pills with no problem and I could finally enjoy food again.
Oh, and did I enjoy food! I took seriously the saying, "eating for two". The only problem was that I wasn't eating for an adult and a teeny, tiny little baby; I was eating for two full grown adults! I ended up gaining 50 pounds by the end. When I craved something I got it and another problem was that I was craving really unhealthy food. My cravings consisted of: Burger King Whoppers, cheesecake, cheesy tator tots, chocolate milk shakes, french fries, onion rings, tacos...if it was something fast food and greasy, I probably wanted it. I got huge and didn't want to think about after I had the baby.
I was emotional all the time. One minute I was totally in love with my husband and the next I was throwing a fit over something he did or didn't do. Then there were the moments when I would be laughing so hard (for no reason) I couldn't breathe and within seconds of stopping I would be crying so hard (for no reason) that Ryan was really concerned about me.
There are a lot of downs to being huge pregnant but no matter what I went through (or put Ryan through), I would do it all over again because the gift you get at the end of it all is worth going to hell and back.
(If you want to read a funny book about pregnancy that tells things how they are, read Jenny McCarthy's book named "Belly Laughs")

No comments:

Post a Comment